COVID-19 Club update

With the current COVID-19 situation, please find a message from the Mangement Committee outlining the decisions we have had to take regarding this.

Suspension of club activities and bar 

At an emergency meeting last night the Management Committee decided its response to the worsening Coronavirus crisis. I'm really sorry to tell you that we feel there is no other option but to take the following steps:
Bar
The bar will close after normal business on Sunday. It will remain closed until further notice.
All events scheduled to be held at the club, whether organised by the club or not, will be cancelled.  This week's quizz night night is therefore cancelled.
Colts training 
All colts indoor coaching programmes have been cancelled. 
It's too soon to determine what will happen with our outdoor training, which usually starts in April. For now, please assume this is also postponed until further notice.
Adult training and matches
As per the colts please assume all adult training , indoors at LWC and then outside at the club, is cancelled until further notice.
Lashings
The Lashings day scheduled for June will be postponed until a new date around the end of July/early August. We are working closely with Lashings, key suppliers and those who have booked tables,  to reduce the impact and costs of this postponement. We will let you know the new date as soon as it is confirmed.
Working party
The working party on 4th April will still go ahead. However, we will be putting plans in place to ensure that there is a manageable number of volunteers who will focus on certain priority tasks.  
 
Maintenance of the club and ground
We do not know when the crisis will ease and things can return to normal. For this reason we need to scale down maintenance work at the pavilion and on the ground. We will ensure that enough is done so that the club can return to normal as quickly as possible as and when it is safe to do so.   
How have we made these decisions
This is an incredibly difficult time for everyone. Clubs like ours are particularly vulnerable. We are assuming the start to the cricket season will be delayed but we do not know till when. However, to be clear , in reaching these decisions above our clear priority is to protect the health of the public as well as our members and staff. We are  following Government guidelines to reduce the risks of spreading the virus at gatherings and in public places. 
I mentioned above that we will try and make sure the club can return to normal as soon as it is possible. Therefore this means being ready from both a financial and operational perspective.
If you have any questions regarding colts, please contact Charlie Terry, adult cricket then its Andy Stenning, Bar and events , its Bruce Applin, Grounds-its Kyran Munt, or simply contact me
Finally I ask you to be patient and to support fellow members when and where you can.
I'll update you with more news when I have it.
Ali